Apply for the Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) for the academic years 2022-2023
Studying in South Korea is now cost-free for overseas students who are eligible for the Korean Government Scholarships Program (KGSP) for the class of 2022-2023. KGSP Scholarship applications are presently being accepted online.
Now that you know where you want to go to school, are you ready to go to Korea? The Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) 2022-2023 is now open for applications!
It is now possible to apply for the Korean Government Scholarship Program online. For international students, Korean Higher Education has created this scholarship scheme. Graduate, postgraduate, and doctoral students will be able to pursue their educational goals with the help of this fellowship. They have the freedom to select the university of their dreams.
High-quality education is at the heart of this scholarship program’s mission: to foster deeper ties between Korea and other countries. A closer look at the Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) for 2022-2023.
In South Korea, you’ll find several good reasons to do so:
In order to fund students’ educational and living expenses, it would be advantageous if you pursued your studies in South Korea. Students will be able to visit international laboratories in various places in South Korea, allowing them to gain a better understanding of other cultures.
- Scholarships for Doctoral Studies in the Years 2021-2022
- The type of funding is completely funded.
- The country in question is South Korea.
Assistance with the Cost of the Korean Government’s Scholarships (KGSP)
If you are awarded a KGSP Scholarship, you will be eligible for any or all of the following benefits:
- The awardees’ airfare is covered by the KGSP scholarship.
- In addition, the applicant will receive a relocation assistance grant in the amount of about 200,000 KRW.
- The applicant will additionally receive KRW 20,000 per month to help with living expenses.
- The candidate is also provided with KRW 20,000 per month in medical insurance.
- Additionally, a language course costs KRW 800,000 each three-month period.
- A maximum of KRW 5,000,000/semester will be covered in tuition fees.
- Students who demonstrate mastery in the Korean language will be recognized with a certificate and a prize.
- The student’s research expenditures will be covered by a KRW 240,000/semester allowance.
- A stipend of 600,000 KRW to 800,000 KRW will be offered to the student for printing a thesis or dissertation.
- The student will receive a reward of KRW 100,000 after completing their degree.
KGSP Scholarship Eligibility Requirements for 2022
For the KGSP 2022, you must meet all of the prerequisites and basic requirements listed below in order to be eligible to apply.
- Application and guardian must be born outside of Korea.
- Applicants who are citizens of Korea are not allowed to apply.
- In addition, the candidate must be physically and psychologically capable of completing his or her degree with excellent grades.
- No one under the age of 25 is eligible to apply for an undergraduate degree.
- Graduate school applicants must be under the age of 40.
- Before arriving in Korea, undergraduate students must have finished their studies in elementary, middle, and high school.
Scholarships for International Students to Study in Korea from the Korean Government
- Graduating students must already hold a master’s or undergraduate degree before coming to Korea.
- A minimum of an 80 percent cumulative grade point average (CGPA) is required.
- This award is not open to students who have already completed a short course or earned a degree from a Korean university.
- The KGSP scholarship grant can be applied for again by students who previously held it through an official university channel.
Korean KGSP Scholarship Application Process:
This KGSP scholarship program requires that you first learn about the Korean universities that are affiliated with it in order to be eligible to apply. After that, you’ll need to adhere to the instructions provided by the school in order to submit your application. The following are additional guidelines:
- Contact with a local university or Korean Embassy will be made by NIIED in order to obtain a list of possible candidates. To be considered for the program, students must first submit an application to a university or diplomatic mission.
- A candidate’s home country embassy or university must receive the candidate’s application documents.
- Students who have been shortlisted for the NIIED will receive those documents from the embassy or Korean university. No action will be taken as a result of this step.
- All documents will be evaluated by NIIED, and the receivers will be communicated to the university or the Embassy.
The university or the Embassy might inform the applicant of their rejection or selection. If a student has been accepted or rejected, the scholarship committee will inform them.
KGSP Application Requires the Submission of the Following Documents:
Your KGSP Scholarship application will be rejected if you do not include all of the essential supporting documentation with it. In order to avoid any further delays, please be sure to include the following supporting documentation with your application:
- Attained the highest degree possible.
- transcripts of the utmost quality
- Professor or employer letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose (mandatory for just Ph.D. and masters applicants)
- Submitting a study plan is a requirement for all MS students.
- Applicants for doctoral degrees must also present their research plans.
- The letter of inspiration or the letter of intent
- A curriculum vitae for the purpose of applying for a scholarship
The application deadline for the KGSP Scholarship in 2022 is February 28, 2022.
There is a February 28, 2022, deadline for KGSP scholarships that were announced in early 2022. You can apply for the 2023 KGSP scholarship later in 2022 if you miss this deadline, but don’t panic.
There is just one announcement every year for the Korea Government Scholarship Program (KGSP). You may find out the application deadlines for KGSP scholarships 2022 by contacting the university administration. Korean Embassy in your country can also tell you about the application deadline and how to fill it out. You can also check out the official Korean government scholarship website.
- The application form can be completed in either Korean or English. Each and every application that is submitted in a language other than English will be rejected out of hand.
- It is imperative that all application materials be submitted in their original, unaltered state. After getting consular confirmation, applicants who are submitting photocopies of their documents must then provide the certified versions of those documents.
- NIIED will not return any of the student’s submitted documents.
- Both recommendation letters should be written by two different people.
- It is acceptable to use photocopies for prizes and certificates of accomplishment.
- All photocopied application materials must be submitted to the EmbassyEmbassy along with one set of the applicant’s original application documents.
- One set of original application documents must be submitted when submitting the form to the university.